Dear friends of Technical English!
I am quite sure that such a category of people studying and needing and using Technical English really exists. And I personally belong to the category.
So, I decided to establish this blog as a place where all interested in Technical English can express their opinion on the topic, explain what problems they have met and maybe have till now when studying and using Technical English for practical purposes.
I see the problems that are needed to be discussed as follows:
· What possibilities do the Internet and computers provide for studying English, in our case Technical English?
· How to use these possibilities for learning and teaching Technical English?
· How are these possibilities used (examples of their practical implementation)?
· What is the most important in Technical English required for work?
· How to develop communication skills in Technical English?
· What about Technical English writing?
· How to keep active knowledge of Technical English you have already gained?
· How to ensure lifelong and strong-minded improving of person´s Technical English in the meaningful, interesting and not time-consuming way?
· What about e-learning Technical English, online Technical English?
· How to enrich steadily and effectively your Technical English vocabulary?
· What kind of dictionaries do technicians need?
· Which general topics of Technical English are the most interesting and helpful for most technicians (for example Computers, Internet, Artificial Intelligence namely Robotics, Power Engineering Industry etc.)?
· What kind of language consulting do technicians need in their work:
– when letter writing
– when preparing presentations
– while anticipating a job application form, Curriculum Vitae or a cover (motivation) letter
– when writing technical or scholarly articles etc.
Welcome to the blog and discuss these problems and your problems connected with Technical English!